No one wants to deal with plumbing problems, but unfortunately, they’re all too common in many homes. Fortunately, there are some easy steps you can take to help prevent these from happening in the first place.
Here are 5 tips to help you avoid common residential plumbing problems:
1. Pay AttentionOne of the best ways to help prevent plumbing problems is to keep an eye out for issues like dripping faucets, leaks, wet spots, slow-draining drains, and corrosion. If you notice any of these signs, it’s important to contact a professional plumber right away. Anderson Plumbing can check out the problem and make any necessary repairs before they turn into full-blown problems.
2. Be Careful What You Put Down the DrainIt’s important to be careful about what you put down your drains. Avoid pouring grease, oil, and other non-biodegradable items down the drain. These items can build up in your pipes and cause clogs. Additionally, avoid flushing items like wipes, sanitary products, and paper towels down the toilet. These items can also cause clogs or other problems.
3. Check Your Water PressureHigh water pressure can cause a lot of damage to your plumbing system. If your water pressure is too high, it can put a strain on your pipes and cause them to burst. It’s a good idea to check your water pressure regularly to make sure it’s within the recommended range. Anderson Plumbing can help you inspect your water pressure and make any necessary repairs.
4. Install a Water SoftenerHard water can cause a lot of damage to your plumbing system. It can cause corrosion, clogs, and other problems. Installing a water softener can help reduce the amount of hard minerals in your water and help prevent plumbing problems. Anderson Plumbing can help you install a water softener and make sure it’s working properly.
5. Clean Your Drains Regularly
It’s a good idea to clean your drains on a regular basis. This can help prevent clogs and other problems. You can use a natural cleaning solution like baking soda and vinegar to help clean your drains. Additionally, you can use a drain snake or a plunger to help remove any clogs. For tough or recurring clogs, it's best to call in a professional plumber.
These are just a few tips to help you avoid common residential plumbing problems. If you’re having any plumbing issues, it’s important to contact a professional plumber right away. Anderson Plumbing offers a wide range of services, including plumbing inspections, repairs, and installations.
Contact us today to learn how we can help! We serve customers in Princeton, Collin County, and the surrounding areas in Texas.