Are you unsure if it's time to replace your water heater? Knowing when it is time to replace your water heater is important to prevent costly repairs and ensure you have hot water when you need it. Anderson Plumbing is here to help you decide when it is time to replace your old water heater.
5 Signs You Might Need to Replace Your Water HeaterSeveral signs may indicate that it's time to replace your water heater:
- Age: A traditional tank-based water heater should last about 10 to 15 years. A tankless water heater may last up to 20 years. If your water heater is older than 10 years and isn't working optimally, it is likely time to replace it.
- Rusty Water: If you notice rusty water coming from your hot water faucet, this is a sign of corrosion in your water heater and it's time to replace it.
- No Hot Water: If you are not getting hot water or your hot water is not lasting as long as it used to, you may need to replace your water heater.
- Leaks or Strange Noises: If your water heater is leaking or making strange noises, it might be time for a replacement.
- Costly Repairs: If your water heater is constantly breaking down or needs expensive repairs, you may benefit from a replacement in the long run.
Benefits of Replacing Your Water HeaterReplacing your water heater can provide several benefits such as:
- Lower energy bills: New water heaters are more energy efficient, meaning you will save money on energy bills.
- More hot water: New water heaters have larger tanks and can provide more hot water. Tankless water heaters offer water without the need for a tank, meaning you never run out and have hot water whenever you need it.
- Longer lifespan: New water heaters have longer lifespans, meaning you don't have to worry about replacing them as often.
- Better safety: New water heaters are safer than old water heaters, meaning you don't have to worry about the potential for dangerous leaks or other issues.
Choosing the Right Water Heater for Your HomeWhen choosing the right water heater for your home, it is important to consider the size, fuel type, and energy efficiency.
- Size: The size of your water heater should be based on the size of your home. A larger home with more occupants will require a larger water heater. We can talk to you about your hot water needs to make sure we pick the ideal size for your home.
- Tank or Tankless: Do you want hot water on demand without ever running out? A tankless water heater may be right for you. Interested in a traditional, tank-based system? We can help with that too. Our plumbers can discuss the benefits of tank and tankless water heaters so you can pick which is right for you.
Rely on Anderson Plumbing for Water Heater Replacement
When it is time to replace your water heater, rely on the experts at Anderson Plumbing. Our experienced technicians can help you choose the right water heater for your home and install it quickly and safely. We offer competitive prices and can help you save money on energy bills.
Contact us today to learn more about our water heater replacement services in Princeton, Collin County, and the surrounding areas.